Senin, 11 Juli 2016

Comparing Yourself to Other Women? Reader Q&A



The final pre-recorded Q&A is up today. I have really enjoyed publishing this content and staying in touch with you, while still caring for our newborn baby. He is doing great, by the way!

Today's question comes from Georgina, who asks a question about comparing yourself to other women. I hope you check out my video to see my full response. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

News
Thank you to the Polish readers for your wonderful reception of Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic!

Polish fashion and lifestyle writer, Kasia Tusk, reviews the third Madame Chic book on her excellent blog, Make Life Easier.

Here is some promotional artwork from the Polish publishers that discusses facebook etiquette, texting and staring at your smartphone.


Book News
Congratulations to my friends, Cliff Simon and Loren Stephens, on the publication of their book, Paris Nights: My Year at the Moulin Rouge. This book shares a behind the scenes look at the Moulin Rouge from a man's perspective.


Little did Cliff Simon know that a single phone call and a one-way ticket to Paris would ultimately change his life forever. Now the acclaimed television and film actor shares his journey from Johannesburg to the Moulin Rouge to Hollywood in his debut memoir, Paris Nights: My Year at the Moulin Rouge.
From a young age Cliff Simon knew he was headed towards big places. Having grown up as both a skilled gymnast and a competitive swimmer, performance was in his blood. But with the onset of Apartheid and the looming threat of war, he and his Jewish family soon retreated from Johannesburg, South Africa to the London countryside. Before he knew it, he joined the British swim team and was near Olympics-bound with a full-ride offer to a United States university. But something wasn't quite right. Instead, Cliff returned home and enlisted in the South African Air Force. Cliff's habit of impulsive risk-taking would continue but ultimately pave the foundation for an experience most of us would only dream of.
After he was honorably discharged, twenty-seven-year-old Cliff worked a series of odd jobs at a resort near the Indian Ocean until he received a phone call from an old friend inviting him to join him at the iconic Moulin Rouge. Here begins the story of Cliff's meteoric rise at the Moulin from swing dancer to principal in the glamour filled show, Formidable; his offstage encounters with street thugs and diamond smugglers; and the long nights filled with after parties and his pick of gorgeous women. Encounter the magic, the mayhem, and the glory that was and still is the Moulin Rouge.


Congratulations, Cliff and Loren!

Testimony

Diane writes:

Hello Jennifer, It would be a year ago that I watched your Ted lecture on the 10 Item Wardrobe. I was fascinated and loved the idea, so I bought and read your first book, and have been working on incorporating so many elements that you present in my daily life since then! What a joy you are! I love your honesty and transparency in your weekly messages and feel each time like I am catching up with a dear friend! Thank you Jennifer for being a voice of common sense and elegance. I am looking forward to reading your other books and hope that your message of everyday beauty continues to spread!

Dear Diane, Thank you for your lovely testimony! I am happy to hear that the books and blog have impacted your life in such a positive way. I love my readers and feel that you are all dear friends as well. Have a wonderful week.

This week I would love to know your thoughts on comparing yourself to other women. Do you struggle with this? Do you have daughters, friends or family members who struggle with this? Let us know your opinions in the comment section below and your comment could be chosen as comment of the week!



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter