Senin, 04 April 2016

Get Ready & Unready With Me Night at the Ballet Don Quixote



Today I have a fun get ready and un-ready with me video for you, once again encouraging you to seek out the arts wherever you may be. I take a trip to Royce Hall to see the Los Angeles Ballet perform Don Quixote. It was my first time seeing that particular ballet and my mother and I just adored it! What a beautiful, vibrant, passionate performance from The Los Angeles Ballet! In this video I'm applying earth-tone makeup and at the end of the night, I take it off and show you a quick skincare routine.



I have been dealing with melasma during this pregnancy (a flush of dark spots on the skin). I had it a little with my other two pregnancies, but this time it is stronger. You can see in the video that foundation helps to even out my skin tone.

If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

For more on The Los Angeles Ballet, visit their website.



As I always say, you do not need to use the exact products that I use to re-create this look. It is a very simple look that can most likely be created with what you already have at home. For those who are curious, however, these are the products that I use:

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation

Benefit Fake Up under eye concealer

Benefit Boi-ing concealer

Laura Mercier translucent setting powder

Urban Decay primer potion

Chanel Tisse Camelia eyeshadow palette

Chanel kohl eyeliner in ambre

YSL faux cils
mascara in burgundy

Chanel rose initial blush

Clinique chubby stick in fuller fig

Clinique black honey lipgloss

Nail polish: OPI Shorts Story

Simple eye makeup remover pads

Simple Micellar makeup removal wipes

Kensington Apothecary Rose Oil Cleanser

Eminence Calendula Oil


News

Verily Magazine references At Home With Madame Chic's at home aromatic simmering pot recipe in their article on 5 Easy Tips to Reap the Health Benefits of Spring.

Lessons in Loveliness writes about the Madame Chic trilogy in their Lovely Things article.

Emmy Cecelia writes about the inspiration she took away from At Home With Madame Chic in her article, Lenten Lessons: Rearranging Priorities.

Check out this honest and funny review of Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic from Susan Stovall on YouTube.

Another wonderful in-depth video review from Portrait of a Budgeting Planer Girl on Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic.

Comments of the Week

Marla W writes: I have five sons, all adults now, and each has commented on how nice I look on a regular basis and how they appreciate that. This influence makes a difference in who they choose for companions as well as the respect they display through their own personal appearance. The human brain understands that where more effort has been focused, that thing has more value. When we take effort to look presentable each day, we are telling our children and those around us that we have value, because more focused effort was applied. Even young children make this connection in their brains. Bravo, Jennifer Scott! Now, please write a book for the men in society! (Maybe your husband could give the male perspective!)

Hi Marla, I loved your observation about the human brain and how it understands where more effort has been focused. It would be fascinating to do a scientific study on this!

Gabriela R writes: I am so guilty of wearing gym clothes all the time....the more weight I put on...the more I let myself go and not cared about my looks....I am thankful for finding your channel and excited to start changing my ways...:) yey...!!!

Hi Gabriela, I am excited for you! It doesn't matter what size or weight you are, you can look presentable always starting right now.

Helena N writes: Jennifer,i would like to say that my grandmother was born poor and to this day,she still doesn't have too much money to spend on clothes because of her health problems. Despite this fact,she is the BEST dressed in my family. She has few accessories, knows how to combine colors and fabrics and makes cheap clothes look expensive! She is a reference to all my family.

Hi Helena, your grandmother sounds like a wonderful role model. I would love to hear her take on the Madame Chic topics. She sounds like a true Madame Chic herself!

Testimonial
On my author guestbook, Cindy S. writes:

I am so glad I came across your books, website and videos. I am 56 years old and you have completely changed how I want to present myself and my home. I have read your first book and can�t wait to dive into the next two. Now if I can only save my pennies and go to France someday! Thank you!

Thank you Cindy! I can sense the enthusiasm in your letter and am thrilled for the changes coming in your life.


I hope you enjoyed this week's video. This week I would love to hear about your makeup routine. Do you have any favorites to share with us? How have you been seeking out the arts in your own community? Let us know in the comment section below and you could be chosen as comment of the week!

See you next time.

Jennifer x


FTC: All items featured in this video were purchased by me with the exception of Kensington Apothecary Rose Oil Cleanser, which I did a review on last year. All opinions are on my own.


Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter