Senin, 18 April 2016

Haircut Before & After Plus Makeup Chat Tutorial



Join me for another fun beauty video. This week I try out a sample of Armani Luminous Silk foundation and give you my impression. I also try a new eyebrow pencil (Chanel sculpting eyebrow pencil ) and share a simple daytime smoky eye look. There is also a before and after of my new haircut.

If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

You do not need to use the makeup I use in order to achieve this le no makeup look. I like to encourage women to use what they already have in their makeup bags and to have fun experimenting. For those who are curious, here is a list of the products I use in the video:

Armani Luminous Silk foundation shade 5.75
Benefit Fake-up under eye concealer
Benefit Boi-ing concealer
Laura Mercier translucent setting powder
Chanel sculpting eyebrow pencil
Urban Decay primer potion
Chanel Tisse Rivoli eyeshadow palette
Chanel kohl eyeliner in ambre
MAC mineralize blush in Lovejoy
YSL Faux Cils mascara in burgundy
Hourglass lipstick in mural

Nails: OPI "Barefoot in Barcelona"

News

Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic is now available in Czech. Thank you to all of the Czech readers who have reached out to me!

Happy Meets Home reviews Lessons from Madame Chic

Comments of the week
On Get Ready and UnReady with me Night at the Ballet, Lillian writes: Your story about your husband and the blue bird dancer cracks me up. I love going to plays and concerts with my mom when she is in town. I grew up with a theater background that she largely facilitated, and now going to these performances is something we really enjoy doing together.
To add to Marla's comment of the week (and Alicia's comment above) I asked my mom as a little girl why we wore dresses for church, and she always said dressing up for church demonstrated to yourself and to others that you respected the event enough to wake up in the morning and prepare yourself. In high school she encouraged my sister and I to dress well for tests, speeches, and auditions. To this day when I have a challenging thing in my life, I take this same approach and make it an occasion to dress well for. In a chemistry class in college I remember taking the final exam surrounded in a sea of sweatpants at 9am wearing a sundress and heels.

It really works. By the way, something your channel has inspired me to do is take better care of my skin. I like that you included an "unready" routine to this week's video - it can be hard to get motivated to take your makeup off after a fun night. It's so easy just to crawl into bed and deal with it in the morning. I have actually committed to a skin care regime now, and after trying some samples I have found a facial cleanser and moisturizer that I absolutely love. I've even noticed how much clearer and smoother my skin looks and feels now that I've committed a few months to my routine.


Hi Lillian, thank you for your comment. I loved your mother's answer as to why we dress up for certain occasions. I am glad you enjoyed my recent Get Ready and UnReady with me video. Thank you!

On the guestbook, Sarah writes:
I would love to share my story with you�
My parents divorced when I was a young child, and I come from two sides of a family that are polar opposites. One side is chic, and the other is�well�not. I spent Christmases with the chic side, but lived my daily life with the un-poised. Whenever I was with my chic family, I always felt nervous, self-conscious and awkward because they had a poise that I couldn�t wrap my mind around. And yet, I longed to be more like them. When I returned to my home life, I was a bit downcast and wished my lifestyle were more like my chic family�s. All the while, I could not put my mental finger on why and how they were so different. This was my experience throughout my childhood and teens. I yearned to have the grace, style and poise of my chic aunts and their families, but had no idea what to do or think. It was a painful part of my upbringing. Your book has helped me define what I could not seem to conceptualize about my chic family�s traits. While I have been able to acquire more poise and grace as I have become an adult, your books have helped me to take it to the next level and be more conscious of the habits I would like to develop. You were so fortunate to have had the experience of living in France, and it has clearly changed your life. I hope I can give the same type of experience to my children. It is a process and I�m not as chic as I would like to be, but I am working on it.
Thank you,
Sarah


Hi Sarah, thank you for your note on my guestbook page. I am so happy that you have taken on the journey of poise as an adult and am grateful to you for sharing your story with us.

On Common Courtesy Follow-Up Discussion, Christina S. writes:
I believe the phenomenon you're addressing is a result of the epidemic entitlement mentality that has swept our nation. Also, people seem to think that the fact that a service is a paid one (I.E. your play set assembly, a waitress, or a grocery check out) means they are not obligated to show the courtesy of gratitude. I also think that, at times, people are insecure in expressing gratitude. There is such a focus of self importance in our culture that to express gratitude, truly a form of humility, can be seen in some circles as weakness and inferiority. Some would say your values are archaic but I am one young lady who agrees that class, like good taste, never goes out of style.

Hi Christina, that is a really interesting insight regarding paid services and gratitude. Thank you for giving us food for thought!

I hope you enjoy this week's video. I would love to hear from you. Did you experience melasma during a pregnancy? Do you have any great foundations to share with us? Any other makeup recommendations? See you next time on The Daily Connoisseur!



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter