Senin, 02 Mei 2016

Cellphone Etiquette and Screen Addiction Discussion



We have all seen them. They are everywhere. You can't escape them. People staring at their smartphones like zombies. In restaurants, walking the dog, in the middle of a movie, while driving, waiting in line, in class, outside of class, during the ballet, during intermission, at the coffee shop, while watching TV, while out with their kids, at the park, at the school, during meetings. This new dependence on the screen is changing the way we live and not necessarily for the better. The addiction to the screen and its use as a crutch in social situations brings people further away from poise.
- excerpt from Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic

In today's discussion we are broaching the topic of smartphone etiquette and screen addiction. I'm sure you've noticed over the past few years that people seem to depend more and more on their smartphone to get through the day. What ever did we do before they were invented? I, myself, struggle with an addiction to checking my phone and often have to remind myself to not become one of those screen zombies.

In this week's video a wide range of topics is discussed: everything from Patti LuPone taking a cellphone out of an audience member's hand during her broadway show, to screens in restaurants, to that burning desire we can't seem to shake to look at our phone when met with a moment of downtime. This discussion is wide and varied. Be sure not to miss it!

If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

News
The Polish edition of Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic, Szkola wdzieku Madame Chic, will be released on July 7th from Wydawnictwo Literackie.



Check out the wonderful video review of all three Madame Chic books from YouTuber, Tina Bietler, in her video titled, Books that Will Change Your Life.

Comment of the Week
Ania writes:
I just wanted to let you know how your books and blog inspired me to change my life. I have been following you for around two years and I have always thought "She is totally right, looking presentable always is a good thing to do" but I never followed this principle. I was like: "yeah, that's a great idea but not for me, too much fuss". But then something just snapped in me, without any particular trigger and I thought that maybe I should try to follow your lifestyle advice. One day, instead of staying all day in my work out clothes, I made a make up and dressed nicely (it wasn't difficult for me as I had narrowed down my wardrobe to capsule version earlier thanks to your books). And you know what - it was liberating. Since then I've been doing this every day and not only this. I also keep my home clean on every day basis, eat proper meals with my family etc. It's such a life-changer! I bet there are more readers like I used to be - thinking your ideas are perfect but not following them. I really advise everyone to give it a try like for a week or so.

Dear Ania, Thank you for sharing your story! Many people think the Madame Chic advice is good, but not for them. I love how you encourage other women to try it out. What is the worst thing that can happen? You will discover things about yourself you never knew before.

Question of the Week
Every week I receive at least one question asking about the music in my YouTube videos. The music is listed in the info box below the video. Because of YouTube rules and regulations, I am required to use copyright-free, royalty-free music.



This week, I would love to know... what do you have to say about this week's cellphone etiquette and screen addiction discussion? Do you have any stories or insights to share with us? How do you handle it in your family? Leave a comment below and your comment could be chosen as comment of the week on the blog. See you soon!



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter