Senin, 16 Mei 2016

Master Bedroom Wallpaper Before & After



What a fun video I have for you today... a before and after of our master bedroom wallpaper renovation. I have always longed for wallpaper in our master bedroom, but we never wallpapered our old house for various reasons. Now that we are in a new space, I felt it time (and thankfully my husband agreed!) that we add a touch of interest to the interior design of our bedroom with wallpaper.

Our entire home is painted in the color "Silver Tradition" by Behr. This is how the house came. It's a lovely grey color, but it was a bit gloomy for the master bedroom. When we first moved into the house, we installed cream curtains with the plan to put up wallpaper in the future. Cream is the color of our bedroom furniture so we felt with the neutrality of the furniture and the curtains, we could choose a colored wallpaper that would go nicely in the room.

Here are some "before" pictures of our bedroom:



It was peaceful and serene, but a bit bland and gloomy as well.

Here are some "after" pictures:



The wallpaper is by Thibaut, from their Richmond collection. The shade is Cotswold Aqua.

Thank you to Wallpaper City and Flooring in Santa Monica and Sylvan & Phillips for doing our curtains. We like to support local, small businesses and both of these companies did a stellar job.

Be sure to check out my video to see the complete tour. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

News

This weekend my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. It was such a lovely day in Malibu!




Madame Chic in the News

Thank you to Life with Dee for recommending the Madame Chic books as resources to create a beautiful life.

Photographer Erin Ammons lists Lessons from Madame Chic as one of her current favorite reads. Thank you, Erin!

Letter of the Week
Janet T. writes:
Dear Jennifer,
I must first start off telling you that I am 60 years old, and I have read all of your books! I follow The Daily Connoisseur and I have to tell you, I have learned so much! I find your simple, subtle message appealing. I have made positive changes in my life because of your advice, and I say, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! I think your words encompass multi-generations. It's a way of life we have abandoned since the '60's that I am glad to see coming back.
I was guilty of living in jeans and flannel shirts, with the excuse that we live on a farm. I have since embraced the capsule wardrobe, and I feel so much better about myself, because I look my best, 99 percent of the time.( I do not understand how Madame Chic could stay clean and garden.)
All this to say, thank you, thank you, my dear. You are a blessing! I bet you never imagined that 6 months in France would have such a far-reaching effect!
With Fond Regards,
Janet T


Dear Janet, I loved your letter! Madame Chic has such a universal appeal and can help people of all ages. I am so pleased that the principles found in my books are enriching your life on the farm! Thank you for writing to me and sharing your testimony.

Comment of the Week
On Pregnancy Chat Part 2, Katherine R. writes:

Thank you for being such an inspiring individual. The honest and open dialogue in a poised and elegant manner is incredibly soothing. My husband and I would love a large family one day too. Your discussions remind me to be present with what is so right now. Not getting caught up in the plans of a future life, without taking those necessary actions now that will support a relaxed, chic environment and mindset. Over the past few weeks I've been working from home and my 'to do' list has been getting left to the side with a general disregard for keeping up the structure to support the easy flow of the day, meditating has also not been happening. I'll justify this with the thoughts of when X,Y or Z happens then i'll be up at 6 every day and cleaning, sorting and fully organized. I'm reminded by your video of the notion of Be, Do, Have and not living the other way around! Taking actions to make a mindful approach become second nature now, being powerful, deliberate and active. Thanks for the reminder! Katherine :)


Dear Katherine, Thank you for your lovely comment. It is so important to be present with what is "right now" as you put it. We tend to say "one day" I'll live a certain way, when the reality is we can make those changes right now. Thank you for your lovely reminder.

I love to hear from you! You can always leave me a comment on the blog or send me a letter via email on my author website. Your comment could be chosen as comment of the week!


This week I would love to hear from you. Do you have wallpaper in your home? Have you always longed for wallpaper but have been too intimidated by the process? Send me photos of your wallpapered homes on social media using the hashtag #MADAMECHIC

See you soon!

Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter