Rabu, 09 November 2016

French Weight Loss Secrets Part 2- No Deprivation!



Our mini-series on French weight loss secrets continues today, with my second lesson from Madame Chic: deprive yourself not.

It was a strange paradox: when I lived in Paris we ate such decadent food all the time, yet no one I knew was overweight. How was that possible?

Here are just some of my observations.

I observed that the French:

Did not deprive themselves of decadent food.

Had a healthy attitude toward the food they were eating.

Were eating meals in a very civilized and conscience way.

And the portion sizes are not too large.


I hope you check out today's video to learn more about how not depriving yourself of the food you love can help aide in your weight loss or in maintaining a healthy weight!

Comments of the Week
Emma B writes: What a wonderful video. I had a real lightbulb moment when I first read 'Lessons from Madame Chic'. Reading your book really helped me take control of my eating and in particular, my snacking and 3 years on it's still helping me maintain a healthy approach to food, so thank you.

Hi Emma, I'm so happy that Lessons from Madame Chic encouraged you to take a healthy approach to eating. Wonderful!


Jude T writes: I can't remember where I read it but the French 'pay attention' to the food they eat which is what you are also alluding to, if you eat something, to be aware of it.

Hi Jude, I love that. We are being rude to our food if we don�t pay attention to it!

Today, I would love to know... what are your experiences with food and deprivation? Do you have a healthy attitude toward eating? Are there any changes you'd like to make? Let me know and your comment could be chosen as comment of the week!

See on you Friday for the last post in this mini-series. We will be discussing exercise...



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter