Kamis, 29 September 2016

Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe



A few weeks back, I shared a picture of my homemade broccoli cheddar soup on Instagram @dailyconnoisseur. Many people expressed interest in seeing the recipe, so in today's bonus video, I share it with you!

This soup is so delicious and comforting, especially as the seasons start to change and it gets cooler. I hope you enjoy the video! If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar, or visit my youtube channel www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur



Broccoli Cheddar Soup

1Tbs butter
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp bouillon
2 cups water (or 2 cups of broth, no bouillon)
2 cups low fat milk
4 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup riced cauliflower (optional)
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Saut� the chopped onion in a tablespoon of melted butter until soft. Add 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup flour and stir until the flour is blended in. Now add 2 tsp bouillon and 2 cups of water (or you can skip the bouillon and just add 2 cups of either chicken or vegetable broth). Add milk. Stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Then add the 4 cups chopped broccoli and 1 cup riced cauliflower. Let cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a blender at this point if you like your soup to be smooth. I like the large chunks of broccoli, so I leave it as is. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese is melted, about one minute. Take the soup off the heat and enjoy!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Please let me know how you like the soup!



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter